Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Sorting Shit & The Beauty Operators 1st Practice Tonight

The Scrap Exchange is a nonprofit creative reuse center located in Durham, North Carolina. Our mission is to promote creativity, environmental awareness, and community through reuse.

All my life I believed that shopkeepers acted cheerful, because they had to, but that in truth they were bitter and jaded like most of us. But yesterday when I got to be a shopkeeper I was happy! I liked the kooks who brought in shit and the kooks who bought shit. I liked the bosses. Everyone who works there and everyone who shops there makes stuff out of this shit. I was cheerful and it was genuine.
I Like Sorting Shit
 You see the banjo in the picture at the top of this blog. I made that out of shit when I was one of the kooks who shopped at the Scrap. It is made out of a hubcap.


Tonight the Beauty Operators get together for their first practice. We are going to Frickin rock Durham. More tomorrow!   

1 comment: