Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Sacredness of Idahos

I put a bird on my window to sing to me when I get up.
It is all about how your personal path to Idaho is your own freakin bidness.

I am teaching the mini-session at Outsiders Gallery's Happymess today. http://www.outsiders-art.com/And I am nervous. Weird because I have taught A LOT. I founded a freakin school...   (Achievement Academy of Durham  www.achievedurham.org ) .

But, teaching art is different. I never wanted or let anyone teach me. And I know that sounds arrogant but as a kid art is all I really felt I had that was really mine. And I did not want anyone in 'there' with me. I protected this thing I did. I did not want anyone messing with it. It is the place I could escape. It is the place I could be happy.

So, I hope there are no kooks like me in the 'audience' of learners. And if there is I am prepared for them. In fact, that is why I worked so hard to figure out what I want to teach because I don't want to mess with anybody's treasure .... anybody's escape hatch.... anybody's personal path to their own frickin Idaho.

No comments:

Post a Comment